Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Inventor, Journalist, and English Teacher

Dream Number 6, 7, and 8: I sincerely apologize for not updating my dreams every day, it has been busy, but here is the new stuff!



Dream Number 6: I would love to be an Inventor.


I would like to be a person to come up with new and creative things, even if it's just an inspiring idea, that idea still jumped off mine. :)


Dream Number 7: I would love to be a Journalist.


One of my bigger dreams is to be involved in Journalism. I love writing, hearing stories, and putting a story in my own words.


Dream Number 8: I would love to be a High School English Teacher, also one of my bigger dreams.



This was my 9th grade English Teacher.

He inspired me more than any other teacher I've ever had, hands down. It's not just me either, students like him so much that they've created a fanpage for him. He taught English, but it was along side many life lessons. If I become an English Teacher, I want to teach the way that he does. I remember him reading, "Tom Sawyer" to the class, and he wouldn't just read, one day he actually showed up dressed like Tom Sawyer.

Another thing I will never forget, is when he showed us a list of crazy things like looking for ghosts in graveyards and other amazing tales. He asked us to check off each adventure on the list that we'd actually done, few of us got past 5. He had done every adventure on that list, he told us that up until now, we've only been existing, not actually living, because society is slowly forgetting what living is all about, it's more than just t.v. and cell phones.

He knew the way to get the students' attention, and make it easier for us to learn, as well as easier for us to want to learn. He also would drive an hour every day for his job, just because he enjoyed teaching us. That right there, is someone truly incredible.

Other than that, I've just been working the new job this week and loving it :)

Signing out!










4 comments:

  1. These are all worthy and exciting dreams! The world is waiting for you Natalie - go for it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! :) I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME to have a teacher like that! You could totally BE a teacher like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I seriously lucked out with having him for a teacher, and then I double lucked out because I got to have him twice. I had him for part of 7th, and 9th, it was the best school experience of my life.

    ReplyDelete