Friday, January 21, 2011

With Tragedy, Follows Trial

Alright well, a tragedy has hit in Will's family, it is none of my business to say so I'm not going to, but it is something that has even effected me a little, just because I care about his family so much. I came home from school yesterday to find out, and then Shae used most of her money to buy Will a plane ticket back to Utah within the next four hours. So, four hours later, we took Will to the airport with hugs and prayers, we aren't too sure when he will be returning. We're hoping for the best, and that he will come home on Tuesday at the latest.

Although Will is going through the hardest time of his life, he still is carrying that humor that is making everything bearable for him. Yesterday when everyone was in tears, he could tell I was about to cry, so while hugging Shae he started joking with me about how I better keep the house clean while he is gone or he'll have to beat me. Him and I joke like that all the time, so it made us both smile a little. About an hour and a half before he left for the airport, once he had returned to the apartment, the three of us just sat there in silence for the longest time. No one needed to say anything because we were all thinking the same things. We probably sat there for a good forty minutes before Will said we should put in a movie so he doesn't have to think about what's going on. So we all watched the movie, Grown Ups, until it was time to leave for the airport.

It is a little funny how concerned Will is about Shae and I being by ourselves for a little bit though. Will laid out some ground rules for us, which he is absolutely serious about, no partying (because you know that happens all the time.), keep the house clean, the maintenance guy isn't allowed inside the apartment no matter what he says (he has been trying to fix a pipe in our apartment the past week), and my specific rule from Will, no boys over, even the nice one from church. Before he boarded the plane, Will asked, "You guys going to be okay without me for a little bit?" We just laughed and said, "Yeah." Then he started teasing us, "You guys are probably going to have a slumber party in the living room and just lay out some blankets so neither of you have to feel alone in your rooms." Shae assured him that wouldn't happen, after watching a couple movies and eating lots of peanut butter M&Ms, as well as starbursts, that's definitely what happened anyways. I think it made both of us feel better.

 Anyways, that would be my thoughts right now.
 
 Signing Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment