Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Every Day Learnings

Well, I had a few well learned lessons yesterday that I figured I would share with the rest of the class. Just a fair warning, Jaylee really is a sweetheart, yesterday was just one of them days for her though.

I learned that:

  • (When Jaylee broke a plate) super glue really is super, and will take about twenty four hours to get off of your skin, so don't touch it. 
  • Everyone warned me about how Jackson will really test me and my authority, but nobody warned me about Jaylee. 
  • When Jaylee misbehaves, Jackson's older brother instinct kicks in and he knows he needs to step away from the problem and help me out.
  • Sometimes sending the kids to their rooms just isn't good enough, and you catch yourself running out of threats. So, in your mind you're thinking something like this, "I've threatened time out, I've threatened double time out, I've threatened taking away a bedtime story... What am I supposed to say now? If you don't get to your room in 5 seconds I don't know what is going to happen, but it will be something bad so be warned! Or afraid. Whatever works." 
  •  Jaylee enjoys making her brother and I mad.
  • I also learned that even when I've absolutely had it with Jaylee, she could still do the simplest thing to make me laugh.
  • Jackson is capable of saving the day.
  • Oh, and I learned that I can barbecue a dang good chicken :)
Wonderful news for today:
-After Jackson used his fortune teller on me about 5 minutes ago, and going through number after number, he has revealed to me that I will have the privilege of being Ironwoman. Dang straight. :)
-Funny quote? Jackson: "I changed my mind (about dressing up) I'm going to be a famous toy maker." Me: "Oh do you work with Santa?" Jackson: *giggle* "I'm not THAT famous."

Okay so maybe it wasn't as funny to you as it was to me, but it was just so cute I had to share. :)




Jaylee wanted a full princess body shot haha

 Alright I think that's enough for one day,
Signing out.    

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so just a word of advice from us old folks with a bit of experience with kids: don't just threaten-FOLLOW THROUGH! If you say they get a time-out, put them IN time-out. There are days my kids spend 3/4 of their day in their rooms, but you'd better believe that they are MUCH better behaved the next day and when I start counting (getting to 3 means time out), they stop whatever they are doing by the time I finish saying "one." :) So, yeah. Follow through or else they will never listen to you and know they can get away with anything.

    ReplyDelete