Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Test

Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's be honest with each other, I truly have just about the perfect life that I could have and afford right now. I moved out right after high school having no money saved up what-so-ever, I moved to a different state where I didn't have any friends (other than the family I moved in with) 2 months after I decided to move here. I was able to find a job the second week I was here, I was able to find a better job with better hours right when my seasonal position would have ended at Toys R Us, AND I was able to move out into my own apartment with a couple of friends 2 months and 2 weeks after moving here. I'm not in debt, I'm considered a full time student in College, and I officially have friends that want to hang out. Not many, but there is a small group starting to form :)

Don't get me wrong, I definitely have some times where I get insanely frustrated, times where I think I will completely fail and have to turn back, times where I swear I'm going to throw the closest heavy object at Will's head, times where Shae and I don't want to fight but have a problem, but right before I hit rock bottom the perfect opportunity opens up, and I continue moving forward,  on a better path.

Living with a serious couple? SUPER challenging, and in many ways it's actually good that it frustrates me sometimes. Before I moved here, I was afraid to be mad, I don't like fighting and so I would put myself in a lower position to where I would do anything I could to stop any sort of fighting. Even, if it never let me get out how it really made me feel. My roommates, Will and Shae, encourage it in a way, they know that when I let things build up, I need to yell and vent until we come to a compromise. By doing this, they've been teaching me, as well as telling me, that my opinion is important and I can't hide my emotions behind anything. I've really done a lot of discovering with who I am. :)

 On a side note:
It is absolutely hilarious, to live with Will and Shae, as well as be a Nanny for the family I work for. Mostly, because I realize that the three of us, are about the same as the kids. Will fights me every day to go to school (no excuse I've used has even phased him yet.) he also fights Shae every night to get ready for bed, we fight Will to listen to his own rules, if any of us aren't in a good mood and aren't sharing why, no card games that night until you're happy and the problem is fixed. We even eat ham and cheese hot pockets for lunch with some scrabble cheez-its, I'll get excited and spell out words with my scrabble cheez-its like, "BAM", just because I think it's fun to show it to them and say, "Check this out *turns the plate so they can see* BAM!"


Of course, I find it funnier than they do, but that's besides the point. It's also the personalities sometimes, Jaylee, thinks she's the boss, Shae is pretty darn sure she wears the pants. Jackson is a born leader, with new ideas for everything,  and Will is a headstrong leader who can fix anything, or build anything you ask him to. Even when the three of us fight, which generally it's not often that all three of us are going at it, but even when that happens we're still like the kids I babysit, we all care about each other so it always works its way out. Just like if Jackson hurts Jaylee's feelings, he knows and cares, so the problem gets fixed instantly.

When it comes down to it, us three communicating about our lives or showing that we care, is what makes the biggest difference in how happy we are overall. Kind of interesting to think about.

Done writing my novel,
Signing out. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are happy and learning new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'm posting pictures of the stuff I'm learning to cook soon, and my apartment.

    ReplyDelete