Saturday, November 6, 2010

Poem- The feelings that last

I'm afraid the waves will overpower me, and the water will never stop,
The fear will be overwhelming, I couldn't reach the top.

My peers will look into me, and not like what they see,
the feeling of disappointment, I couldn't afford to be me.

The couple won't stop fighting, the tears will surface up,
they are my friends, they are my family; that's the last thing that I want.

I'll have to depend on everyone, my weakness continues to grow,
feeling only helpless, hope gone forever more.

But if I didn't have these fears,
I couldn't appreciate,
the beautiful moments of miracles,
when we make it one step beyond the expiration date.

I love that I won't have to worry, about the water holding me in,
my peers looking beyond me, because I'll always have a friend.

The couple may be fighting, but their love will see no end,
my weakness will stop coming and my strength will come again.

The moments that I love the most,
are the ones that linger still,
though fear disappears in seconds,
love and friendship never will.

~Natalie C. Currie

No comments:

Post a Comment