Saturday, September 25, 2010

I am ME


Just a little something I wrote. :]

What do you do when the ground beneath you starts to rumble, and the pieces break apart?
You fall.

What do you do when you are pushed to your ultimate limits?
You quit.

What are you when everything around you is dark?
You're blind.

What do you do if the person next you fails?
You judge.

What do you do when the race is over, and you're left behind?
You stop.

But what do I do when I have just fallen?
I stand and rise again.

What do I do when I'm pushed to my ultimate limits?
I push back harder.

What do I do when I'm trapped in the darkness?
I search for the light.

What do I do when the person next to me fails?
I reach out and help them succeed.

And what do I do when I get left behind in the race?
I catch my breath, and then I run until I've finished.

I will not hide, quit, be blinded by the world, judge or stop.
I am Natalie Currie. I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment